Configure Your Email Account On Your BlackBerry
Posted by Justin Thomas on 12 May 2015 06:05:46 PM
Note: Please note that these screenshots are from Blackberry 9800 3G running OS version 184.108.40.206.
These instructions may be slightly vary on different models and OS versions.
However, the server settings remain the same as mentioned on this page
You may also refer Blackberry's KnowledgeBase on the following link: http://stik.in/qS
1. From your home screen, scroll down and tap Setup.
2. Tap Email Accounts.
3. Tap Internet Mail Account.
Skip to step 4 if you have no email accounts on your Blackberry already.
4. Tap Set up another email account.
5. Tap Other.
6. Enter your Hover email address and password then tap Continue.
7. A processing message will be displayed on your screen.
8. Tap Change Settings.
9. Scroll down and tap on Advanced Options. The following settings need to be edited:
If you are setting up POP configuration:
If you are setting up IMAP (Recommended) configuration:
10. If you get the error message below, then you should try again with SSL disabled. Tap OK and open Advanced Options again.
11. Change your email server to:
pop.you-domain-name / imap.your-domain-name (For Free Email Service / Email Hosting Plans) (POP/IMAP)
Leave SSL unchecked and then tap Save.
12. Enter your email password to validate your changes and tap OK.
13. The account has been configured! Tap on Return to Setup.