Configure Your Email Account On Your Windows 8 Mobile
Posted by Justin Thomas, Last modified byon 12 May 2015 05:58:33 PM
1. Swipe left to view the Apps list.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Email + Accounts.
4. Tap Add an Account.
5. Tap Advanced Setup
6. Enter your Email address e.g. email@example.com.
Password is the password that you selected for the email account in the Control Panel.
7. Tap Internet email.
8. Enter an Account name, this is only a description to identify this e-mail account. You can enter anything here.
Enter Your name, this will be shown to people receiving emails from you.
For Incoming email server enter:imap.your-domain-name (eg: imap.demomonkey.org) (For Free Email Service / Email Hosting Plans)
mail.your-domain-name (eg: mail.demomonkey.org)
9. Set Account type to IMAP4.
10. For Outgoing (SMTP) email server enter:
11. Download new content: You can use this setting to download new emails in equal intervals of time as per your choice. You can select from the following options:
12. Download email from: You can use this setting to download previous emails. You can select from the following options:
13. Setup is now done. Tap sign in and you should be good to go.